The Apps That Helped Us Manage 2020

By | 11:13 AM Leave a Comment
Screenshot: Joel Cunningham

The pandemic has made every day of 2020 feel like part of an amorphous time-blob, but 1 Second Everyday reminds me that different things did happen, even when we were only doing the same things. Inspired by artist Cesar Kuriyama’s project to document a year of his life in one-second daily bursts, the app makes it easy to assemble clips from your camera roll into a memorable montage. It’s especially good for parents; I love selecting just the right clip of the weird things my kids did or said on a particular day, moments that would otherwise be lost to the mists of memory (and among the 5,000 videos on my camera roll).

I am a cheapskate when it comes to paid apps; I’ll exploit a free trial and dump the app when it ends or find a free (if crappier) alternative, if one exists. But though the free iteration of this one works pretty well, I gladly pony up the annual fee for the Pro version, which allows you to adjust the length of your video snippets or choose as many as you want for a given day (more accurately, my video is more like “3-5 Seconds Everyday”), add music, collaborate on your project with others, and more. —Joel Cunningham, managing editor

iOS | Android 


from Lifehacker https://ift.tt/2L8gk2M

0 comments:

Post a Comment